Friday, August 17, 2012

My Melbourne Tour




Yesterday night it was almost 1 am when I slept. And at 6a.m my husband wakes me up and says, he come on we have to catch the flight, the taxi is here, you are still sleeping!!
Oh my god, how could that happen, how can I forget we are going to Melbourne, I have not done my packing yet, which dress I would take, and about my daughter, it’s ok, her all dresses are nice and I can just keep a bunch of dresses from the cupboard, but for me, all I have is Indian wear, will it suit there? What do I do? Oh, **** How nicely I should have planned and kept everything for the most memorable trip of ours, and I have been so lazy! L
Now it is too late to regret, we just kept everything in a hurry and got in to the taxi.  Thankfully we reached in time and my daughter Anagha was full of excitement. Everything was checked in, and were through the security check, it was like LEVEL 1 cleared. Hey, there is a direct flight from Hyderabad to Melbourne, that is great. I was so happy, I was really worried how would we manage changing flights, how many hours It would take, how do we handle our luggage during flight transit and so on, above all how would I manage my four year old daughter Anagha in this mess, but bravo, there is direct flight.

We landed in Melbourne after few hours, and there our taxi was waiting. The taxi driver was a Sardarji, that was great; I didn’t even need to ask whether you know English, as we could speak in Hindi. By the way which language they speak in Australia? Who cares? Now we got our own Indian driver. We had good amount of casual talk with him, he assured us Australia is a safe and beautiful place, nothing to worry and we were so happy. And guess what he dropped us to TajMelbourne, Taj group of Hotels from ITC in Melbourne, great!! I felt so so happy. Obviously we had good reception, no problems, I could see Indians everywhere, so did not feel like I am in ‘Pardes’ a foreign land.
My husband paid the advance amount at reservation, he could pay using his ICICI debit card, great!
It was already night, and we discussed in the reception about our next day’s plan, and they told us everything is arranged, we can be ready by 8a.m and they will take us to all the places.
So we had a good sleep in the night, and got up and got ready. I had to wear my Indian attire, Chudidar newly stitched. Thank god at least I had few new dresses and good that my Tailor friend who is also a neighbor gave those dresses only yesterday, even though I gave her the material few months back.

So we went to cricket stadium, that is the first thing I wanted to see, which we have seen in Television since 1980’s where Kapil Dev and Ravi Shastri played.

The next one was another place which was in our priority list, that was Phillip Island, this got the priority because of my daughter Anagha, as she wanted to see Penguins. Why does Babu have to disclose her everything, now that he told her about penguins out there, she wanted to see that first!! So we were there. Oh the lovely penguins, they make so much noise, just like Anagha. If Anagha starts dancing with them, she would as well believe she is one of them!
So soon we were feeling hungry, and I heard, tables were booked for us at Fenix in Victoria and great we reached there by 2pm, and there was something vegetarian to choose from! Babu was experimenting with so many items, Anagha as usual happy with some fruit juice.
Next destination again as per Anagha’s demand Puffing billy steam Railway. Australia’s oldest steam railway. And I tell you the experience was so mesmerizing. That is the real train. These days trains really don’t give us that more than life experience.
What was our next tourist spot? Before I could check out in the pamphlet, I heard somebody calling me, wake up!!
Hey where am I? At home? Was it a dream? Where is Anagha? ‘She went to school’. You did not wake me up?
She wanted to give you surprise, we thought today she will get ready without your help, as you were sleeping!
Is this the surprise? Oh, no. My Melbourne trip?
I thought, no way, I cannot miss the remaining places. I told Babu, what is the balance in your bank account? He asked why?
 I told him  …it's your time to visit Melbourne NOW!’
And asked him to log on to www.visitmelbourne.com/in.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

nice information about melbourne .thanks for sharing this information.

flights to Melbourne

Nirvana said...

quite an imaginative post, with vivid imagery. Just a small correction about hotel chains - the Taj group of Hotels is owned by TATAs and not ITC......

http://lafemmenirvana.blogspot.in/2012/08/vacation-fit-for-god.html

Bindu@Hyderabad said...

@Nirvana,

Thanks Nirvana for the info. Errors do happen in dream :-)

Bindu@Hyderabad said...

@watson Emma

Thanks for visiting and leaving comment on the blog

Bindu